■ 40g|1/3 cup of granulated sugar
■ 50g|1/2x stick butter at room temperature
■ 2 egg yolks
■ 140g|1-1/3 cup of corn starch
■ 3-4 drops of vanilla essence
■ equipment: piping bag and large star nozzle (optional)
1. Whisk the sugar with the butter until no sugar granules are visible 1-2 minutes. Add the egg yolks, vanilla essence and whisk 1-2 minutes until the ingredients are combined.
2. Sift the cornstarch over the batter, and fold the corn starch in, when it's roughly combined knead the dough until it's smooth and not sticky. Refrigerate the dough for 5-10 minutes before piping.
3. Divide the dough to 3-4 portions; pipe through a large star nozzle forming 5cm|2" sticks or make "S" shapes. Alternatively mould into 2.5cm | 1in. balls score and flatten the top with the prongs of a fork. Continue until all of the dough is used up.
4. Place the cookies on a baking tray lined with non-stick paper and refrigerate for 20 minutes or more. Preheat the oven to 120˚C|250˚F.
5. Bake the cookies in the pre-heated oven for 30-35 minutes until the tops are firm and the bottom just coloured.
1 serving (of 18): 62 calories, 2.8g fat (1.6g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 17mg sodium, 9.3g carbohydrates (2.3g sugars, 0g fibre), protein 0.3g.
Macao Corn Starch and Vanilla Biscuit Recipe
Biscoitos de "Corn starch"
Prep: 40m | Cook: 35m | Yield: 18-20
Feather light gluten free corn starch and vanilla biscuit recipe from Macau, pipe or mould to a variety of shapes