■ 250g|9oz minced beef
■ 250g|9oz bacon, chopped
■ 4 teaspoons of breadcrumbs
■ 4 teaspoons of tomato puree
■ 2 teaspoons of brandy
■ 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
■ 2 egg yolks
■ salt and pepper
■ equipment: baking tray with rack
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180˚C|350˚F.
2. Finely chop the bacon.
3. Put the minced beef in a mixing bowl, season with salt and pepper, add the chopped bacon, and all the other ingredients. Mix well to blend evenly through the beef.
4. Cut a sheet of non-stick cooking paper about 30cm x 15cm|12" x 6" and punch a few holes in it with a knife to allow the fat to drain of the loaf during cooking.
5. Form the loaf on the non-stick paper, and place on a rack over a 2.5cm|1" deep baking tray.
6. Bake the meat loaf in the pre-heated oven for about one hour or until the internal temperature reaches 72˚C|160˚F.
7. Let the loaf rest for approximately 15 minutes before removing the paper and transferring to a service plate.
Pão de Vaca
Macao Beef Loaf Recipe
Prep: 10m | Cook: 60m |Yield: 12 Slices | Easy
Rich beef loaf that can be served hot or cold