■ 900g|2lb chicken pieces
■ 200g|7oz fresh mushrooms thinly sliced
■ 1 red onion, finely chopped
■ 1/2 onion finely chopped
■ 4 drops of light soy sauce
■ 2 tablespoons of Lea & Perrin Sauce
■ 1-1/2 cups|360ml of water
■ 1/3 cup|80ml of White Port
■ 8 tablespoons of cooking oil
■ salt and white pepper
■ parsley for garnish
1. Trim the chicken if necessary, then season with salt, pepper, 2 tablespoons of Lea and Perrin Sauce and 4 drop of light soy sauce. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or more.
2. Slice the mushrooms thinly, and finely chop the red onion and onion
3. Heat 4 tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan and add the mushrooms, cook turning for approximately 5 minutes then remove from the pan and set aside.
4. Add the remaining oil to the pan and gently fry the onions until translucent, then add the chicken pieces and brown on all sides. Add the water bring the pan to a boil then reduce the heat, cover. Turn the chicken after about 10 minutes and continue to cook until the water is reduced, about 10 minutes.
5. Add the mushrooms and the white port to the pan, stir through the chicken and gently heat through about 2 minutes . Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with parsley.
Macao Chicken with Port Wine and Mushrooms Recipe
Prep: 30m | Cook: 25m | Serves: 4 | Easy
Braised chicken with White Port and mushrooms