■ 600g|1.25lb chicken skinned, trimmed and deboned chicken
■ 800g|1.75lb bean sprouts
■ 1/4 teaspoon of light soy sauce
■ 1 red onion cut to eight parts
■ 1/2 onion finely chopped
■ 2 clove of garlic, chopped
■ 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
■ 2 teaspoons of oyster sauce
■ 2 teaspoons of Chinese rice wine
■ 2 tablespoons of chicken stock or water
■ 1 tablespoon of plain flour
■ spring onion for garnish (optional)
■ 6 tablespoons of cooking oil
■ salt and white pepper
1. Trim the chicken if necessary. Butterfly or cut the chicken pieces through horizontally so they are nice and thin, then slice vertically to fine strips.
2. Mince or grate the ginger and add to the chicken; then add the soy sauce, salt, pepper and mix well.
3. Divide the red onion into 8 wedges; finely chop the onion and the garlic.Trim the bean sprouts discarding the root ends and tops, wash and drain.
4. Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan with a lid; add the red onion, onion and garlic. Gently fry until the onions start to brown. Add the bean sprouts, cover the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a covered dish to keep warm.
5. Add the remaining oil to the frying pan and quickly fry the chicken slices. When the chicken is cooked add back the bean sprout mixture and stir through gently. Add 2 tablespoons of stock or water, reduce the heat, cover the pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Sprinkle the chicken with the Chinese wine, oyster sauce and white pepper, stir through and then remove the chicken and beansprouts to a serving dish with tongs leaving the cooking liquid.
7. Mix the tablespoon of flour with a little of the remaining cooking liquid from the pan, then add back to the pan and stir through, cook the sauce until it thickens. Pour the sauce over the chicken and garnish with the slivers of spring onion.
Macao Chicken with Bean Sprouts Recipe
Galinha Desfiada Com Agulha Prateada
Prep: 20m | Cook: 20m | Serves: 4 | Easy
Quick and easy ginger marinated chicken stir fry with bean sprouts