■ 450g|1lb beef steak
■ 4 cloves of garlic
■ 4 spring onion sprigs, finely chopped
■ 6 slices of ginger
■ 1 teaspoon of chinese vinegar
■ 4 tablespoons of light soy sauce
■ 1/2 cup|120ml of hot water
■ 1 teaspoon of flour, plus extra for dredging
■ 1 tablespoon of oil
■ ground black pepper
1. Peel and finely chop the garlic and ginger slices and place in a bowl. Add the finely chopped spring onions, the soy sauce, the vinegar and mix well.
2. Thinly slice the beef steak and put the slices between two sheets of cling wrap, flatten using a rolling pin or the flat side of a meat mallet and then mix the meat through the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes or so.
3. Remove the meat from the marinade, reserving the marinade. Place the beef in a bowl, dust with a little flour and mix through.
4. Lightly oil a frying pan and heat to sizzling, shake excess flour off the beef and add to the pan. Separate the beef out and turning with a spatula cook until the meat is evenly browned, 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish.
5. To make the sauce; add any remaining marinade to the frying pan with about 1/2 cup|120ml of hot water and stir through to gather the meat residues from the bottom of the pan.
6. Mix the tablespoon of flour with a little of the cooking liquid in a dish, add this back to the sauce and stir through. Season with ground black pepper and cook the sauce until it thickens. Pour the sauce over the beef.
Macao Garlic Beef Stir Fry Recipe
Bife e Alho de Macao
Prep: 30m | Cook: 8m | Serves: 2-4 | Easy
Quick Macao style sauteed beef with spring onions and garlic