■ 900g|2lb minced pork
■ 12 rashers of bacon
■ 4 thin slices of bread, soaked in hot water
■ 16 sprigs of green onion, finely chopped
■ 100g|3.5oz grated Edam cheese
■ 60g|2oz blanched sliced almonds
■ 1/2 cup|20g panko breadcrumbs
■ 3 eggs, whisked separately
■ salt and pepper
■ equipment: baking tray with rack
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180˚C|350˚F.
2. Put the minced pork in a mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper.
3. Shred the bread into another bowl cover with hot water soak and for 2-3 minutes. Squeeze out the water and add to the minced pork.
4. Grate the cheese into the pork, add the chopped green onion, 2 whisked eggs and mix all the ingredients together.
5. Cut a sheet of non-stick cooking paper to a rough 30cm|12" square and punch a few holes in it with a knife so the fat will drain off the loaf during cooking.
6. Form the pork by hand into a ring about 5cm|2" wide and 5cm|2" high on the non-stick paper. Place the paper and loaf on a rack over a 1"|2.5cm deep baking tray.
7. Whisk the remaining egg and brush the egg all over the loaf with a pastry brush.
8. Lay the bacon strips around the pork ring from the outside to the inside. Press the almonds neatly into and around the meat loaf and finally sprinkle the loaf with breadcrumbs.
9. Cook the meat loaf in the pre-heated oven for 50 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 72˚C|160˚F and the bacon is crispy.
10. Let the loaf rest loosely covered with foil for about 5 minutes before removing from the paper and serving.
Macao Pork Ring "Capela" Recipe
Pão de Porco "Capela"
Prep: 15m | Cook: 50m | Serves: 8-10 | Easy
Pork ring with spring onions, cheese and almonds, draped with crisp bacon