■ 225g shelled shrimp, chopped
■ 1 tablespoon chopped pork fat or bacon fat
■ 4 water chestnuts (canned - drained and rinsed)
■ 1 tablespoon of Chinese rice wine
■ 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
■ 1 egg whisked
■ 3 slices of bread, crusts removed
■ salt and pepper
■ 1 litre of cooking oil
1. Chop the shrimp and place in a mixing bowl.
2. Roughly chop the water chestnuts, add the pork or bacon fat and continue to chop and mix until the water chestnuts and fat are blended together. Add the water chestnut mixture to the chopped shrimp.
3. Add the rice wine, cornstarch, whisked egg, salt and pepper to the shrimp and mix to form a paste.
4. Cut the bread slices diagonally to form triangles. Spread the shrimp mixture onto the bread triangles slightly mounding towards the centre.
5. Heat approximately 4cm of cooking oil in a saucepan to 180 C˚.
6. Carefully place the shrimp triangles in the hot oil upside down a few at a time. After 1 minute turn the toast triangles over in the oil, continue to fry until golden about 2-3 minutes. Drain on paper towels or a rack. Keep hot in a warm oven.
Prep: 10m | Cook: 15m | Yield: 12 Pcs | Easy
Macao Shrimp Toast Recipe
Tosta de Camarões
Deep fried shrimp and water chestnut toast with a dash of Chinese wine