■ 125g potato, peeled and cut to fine 4cm sticks
■ 150g carrots, peeled and cut to fine 4cm sticks
■ 125g turnips, peeled and cut to fine 4cm stick,
■ 50g green beans, sliced finely
■ 2 eggs, whisked
■ 1/2 cup plain flour
■ pinch of baking powder
■ salt and pepper
■ 1 litre of cooking oil
1. Peel and cut the carrots, turnip and potato to fine matchsticks. Cut the green beans diagonally to fine strips.
2. Heat a large saucepan of water, add salt and bring to a boil. Add all the cut vegetables to the pan and simmer for 2 minutes. Drain the vegetables and rinse with cold water; drain and season generously with salt and pepper.
3. Mix the flour with the baking powder, salt and pepper. In a large mixing bowl whisk the eggs. Sift and mix the flour into the whisked eggs a little at a time.
4. Fold the vegetables into the batter in three or four batches until covered.
5. Heat approximately 4cm of cooking oil in a saucepan to a temperature of 180˚C .
6. Drop a rounded dessertspoon of the battered vegetable into the hot oil, cook a few at a time, turning once, until golden about 3-4 minutes. Drain on paper towel or a rack.
Prep: 20m | Cook: 18m | Yield: 12-15 Pcs | Easy
Macao Deep Fried Vegetable Fritters Recipe
Pastéis de Vegetais
Deep fried battered mixed vegetable fritter, serve as a snack or side dish.