■ 240g rice, cooked and cooled
■ 12 large peeled prawns
■ 1 onion, finely chopped
■ 50g toucinho or smoked bacon
■ 100g chouriço sausage, sliced thinly
■ 100g frozen peas
■ 100ml white wine
■ 2 eggs
■ 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
■ chopped coriander
■ 4 tablespoons of olive oil
1. Cook the rice and allow it to cool.
2. Season the prawns with salt and pepper, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan and cook the prawns till just pink. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Chop the onion finely, roughly chop the toucinho or bacon and slice the chouriço thinly.
4. Add 2 tablespoon of oil to the frying pan, add the onions and cook until they are translucent.
5. Add the chouriço and bacon to the pan and fry for a few minutes until they release fat.
6. Add the white wine and peas to the pan and cook at medium heat until the liquid is absorbed and the peas cooked. Add 1 tablespoons of oil to the pan, turn up the heat and add the cooked rice, stir and turn till the ingredients are mixed and the rice is golden.
7. Whisk the eggs with the soy sauce. Add the egg mix and the prawns to the rice, stir and cook a few minutes until the eggs are cooked and the prawns hot.
8. Transfer the fried rice to a serving dish, chop the coriander and sprinkle over the fried rice before serving.
Arroz de Macau
Prep: 20m | Cook: 15m | Serves: 4-6 | Easy
Macao Fried Rice Recipe
Recipe adapted from "Recipes Wiki" by Frandom Lifestyle Community, accessed October 2016, no longer available.
Prawn fried rice with bacon, peas and chouriço sausage